Thermal store mains pressure hot water system
Our MULTIflow+ thermal store is an extension to our MULTIflow range, providing a high performance, mains pressure hot water solution for the contract market, but with the additional benefits.
The new MULTIflow+ allows for bespoke design flexibility to suit the specific installation requirements including adjusting the tapping positions or utilising slimline patterns of 450mm and 500mm diameter for space restricted installations.
The range also incorporates an integrated feed and expansion tank for ease of installation, along with a store thermometer for extra control.
This multi-application thermal store range can be used with an open vented, sealed or central plant boiler and/or off-peak electricity to aggregate the supply to heat the store, and provide domestic hot water when it is required, keeping running costs for the householder down to a minimum.
The MULTIflow+ is an indirect thermal store, with two model variants, MULTIflow+ OV and MULTIflow+ SB, including slimline options in both, with sizes ranging from 120 to 300 litres.
Manufactured from premium grade copper, our MULTIflow+ mains pressure hot water system delivers unrivalled performance thanks, in part, to copper’s superior thermal transfer properties.
Is the MULTIflow+ not suitable for your installation? Click here to see alternative thermal stores within the range;
- MULTIflow cased design
- THERMflow bespoke designed multifuel compatability
- CUBEflow rectangular tanks providing space saving solution
- Delivering mains pressure hot water with built in scald protection
- Flexibility with models incorporating open vented, sealed or central plant boilers
- Slimline models with 450mm and 500mm diameters
- Easy to install – does not require G3 certification
- Requires no annual maintenance
- Provides the perfect replacement solution for all Gledhill Pulsacoil cylindrical models
- No costly pumps or electronic controls required
- All our thermal stores are manufactured from copper – kills 99% bacteria
- No risk of legionella as hot water is instantaneously heated
- Incorporated automatic fill F&E tank
Can the MULTIflow+ be used as a PulsaCoil replacement?
The MULTIflow+ OV model can be used as a direct replacement for the discontinued Gledhill PulsaCoil II or Pulsacoil III, but can also be used to replace other PulsaCoil models including PulsaCoil 2000, PulsaCoil A-Class and PulsaCoil Stainless to reduce the space required
Is the MULTIflow+ thermal store vented or pressurised?
The MULTIflow+ is an open vented cylinder therefore not pressurised. When the water held inside the store heats up, it will expand, however the expansion is accommodated in the feed and expansion tank located on top of the unit.
Do I need to have the MULTIflow+ serviced annually like a gas boiler or unvented cylinder?
As the MULTIflow+ thermal store is open vented, it does not require an annual safety check or service.
The mains pressure hot water from the MULTIflow+ is delivered via the internal coil and the temperature is controlled by the blending valve, preventing any risk of scalding.
As the unvented cylinder is a pressurised cylinder, there are essential annual safety checks to be carried out to ensure the safety of the product.
How many electrical feeds are required for the MULTIflow+?
The MULTIflow+ requires two electrical connections to the immersion heaters, ideally one off peak and one on peak.
As the MULTIflow+ is designed to deliver mains pressure hot water without the need for additional pumps, pcb’s or flow sensors. Other manufacturers thermal stores require a third electrical supply to power the additional components they utilise.
Can I use the MULTIflow+ thermal store for central heating?
No, the MULTIflow+ thermal store is a hot water only unit.
Our focus is very much on the manufacture of copper hot water cylinders and tanks. Copper provides fantastic benefits including;
- Ability to kill 99% of bacteria including Ecoli and legionella
- One of the most efficient conductors of heat
- Significantly more flexible for manufacturing than other materials
- Long lifespan due to its amazing resistance to corrosion
- 100% recyclable