Bespoke thermal store for heating and hot water
ELECTRAstore is a market first hot water cylinder which is designed to maximise the benefit of time in use tariffs, via our innovative IOT control system with self learning algorithm, to store energy when it’s provided at low cost and low carbon, so it can be used when it is needed.
The ELECTRAstore is a bespoke electric thermal store, powered by Backer technology and long life immersion elements. The range can provide either mains pressure hot water and primary hot water to heat standard “wet” radiators or mains pressure hot water only.
There are many products on the market that can be utilised with either standard or off-peak electricity, however the ELECTRAstore goes one step further by being able to also detect low rate tariff periods when available.
With Backer technology in conjunction with McDonald Water Storage manufacturing expertise, the ELECTRAstore can maximise the benefit of lower electricity rates to improve efficiency and keep your electricity bills to a minimum.
When wind and solar generation are at their peak, not only is wholesale electricity costs are at their lowest, but also carbon intensity reduced, making it the best possible time to store energy at home, for use at other times during the day.
- Provides wet central heating
- Mains pressure hot water with scald protection
- Maximises benefit of off-peak or flexible electricity tariffs
- Utilises tried and tested Backer immersion heater technology in conjunction with a purpose built digital controller
- Monitor, regulate and manage the energy delivered into the thermal store through the smart control device
- Bespoke designed to suit the installation
- Available in cylinder or space saving tank configurations
- No annual maintenance
- No discharge pipework providing flexibility of installation
Historically, homes were restricted to either standard electricity rates with an average 15 pence per kWh or off peak periods such as economy 7 or economy 10 but with higher daytime rates.
Flexible tariffs provide another alternative through dynamic pricing, enabling you to load shift your electricity use to when the cost is lowest, to heat the ELECTRAstore.
The Backer Control Technology, is designed to work with any tariff to provide the most efficient system possible.
Electricity generation has changed over recent years in the UK, with more of our electricity being produced from renewable energy sources such as wind and solar power.
This means when wind and solar generation are at their peak, not only is the carbon intensity reduced but also wholesale electricity costs are at their lowest, making it the best possible time to store energy at home, for use at other times during the day.
This method of load shifting is also beneficial to the UK’s continuing adoption of renewable energy sources, helping to smooth out peak loads and maximise your use of environmentally friendly electricity.
The ELECTRAstore range is able to monitor, regulate and manage the amount of energy delivered into the thermal store, by using a smart control device which has been developed by the Swedish Backer group.
The Backer Digital Controller incorporates 2 levels of control, consisting of highly accurate local autonomous control and supervisory control from the Internet (IoT).
Larger scale users are able to manage multiple occupancy accommodations, where all hot water systems can be monitored and energy can be managed from a single management dashboard.
When contacting us to discuss which type of electric water heating system is most suitable for you, please specify the following:
- Property Heat Load in kW
- Number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Proposed Electrical Tariff
- Sealed or Open Vented Heating System
- Available Space
Our focus is very much on the manufacture of copper hot water cylinders and tanks. Copper provides fantastic benefits including;
- Ability to kill 99% of bacteria including Ecoli and legionella
- One of the most efficient conductors of heat
- Significantly more flexible for manufacturing than other materials
- Long lifespan due to its amazing resistance to corrosion
- 100% recyclable