Bespoke thermal store for heating and hot water
Our new ELECTRAflow is an integrated heating and hot water thermal store, powered by immersion elements and controlled by a new and improved purpose designed controller.
ELECTRAflow provides the comfort and convenience from the most customisable electric wet central heating and hot water solution for apartment applications, with each unit bespoke designed to meet the homeowners installation requirements.
The thermal store unit offers the optimum flexibility, suiting all electricity tariffs, and available in a cylinder format or space saving rectangular option.
Unlike electric combination boilers, the ELECTRAflow thermal store is specifically designed to utilise the off peak electricity tariffs, allowing homeowners to raise the temperature of the store to as high as 90 degrees during low cost tariff periods, reducing ongoing running costs.
Click here to see the additional benefits our electric thermal stores can provide over an electric combination boiler.
An off peak thermal store is also a major benefit in SAP calculations, whilst also contributing to the property achieving an EPC rating of C in either new build or renovation projects.
If you are looking to utilise flexible electricity tariffs, see our ELECTRAstore range for the perfect solution.
- Provides wet central heating
- Mains pressure hot water with scald protection
- Maximises benefit of off-peak electricity tariffs
- Bespoke designed to suit the installation
- Available in cylinder or space saving tank configurations
- Provides the perfect, cost saving alternative to electric combination boilers
- No annual maintenance
- No discharge pipework providing flexibility of installation
An electric combination is often seen as the ideal solution to provide both heating and hot water. However, a major disadvantage to this solution is the fact it generates hot water and heating on demand, whatever time of day or more importantly, cost of the electricity tariff.
The ELECTRAflow thermal store provides the heating and hot water, but importantly, can loadshift the heat generation to cheaper electric tariff periods for use when it is required, ultimately reducing running costs.
An electric thermal store has several advantages over an electric combination boiler.
- Lower on peak electricity demand
- An electric thermal store heats water in a tank and then distributes it to the taps and radiators as needed. This means that the boiler only needs to heat the water once, rather than every time hot water is required. This can save on electricity bills, especially if the electricity is used during off-peak hours.
- More consistent hot water supply:
- An electric thermal store can store a large amount of hot water, so there is less chance of running out of hot water during peak demand times. This is especially useful for households with multiple bathrooms or people who take long showers.
- More durable:
- Our electric thermal stores are made from copper, which are more durable materials than the plastic used in some electric combination boilers. This means that they are less likely to corrode or leak over time.
- Lower maintenance costs
- Electric thermal stores require less maintenance than electric combination boilers. This is because there are fewer moving parts and no flue to clean.
- Sealed heating coil
- Heating expansion vessel
- Heating system pump
- Framework to support the rectangular tank option
- Spray foam insulation available
- Combination cylinder or cylinder with separate F&E tank
- New design compact & easy to use
- 7 day programmable timer for heating comfort
- Economy 7 and 10 off-peak tariffs pre-programmed
- Room thermostat included
- Easily Integrated Control for Heating Pump and Room Thermostat
- Store temperature controlled by PT1000 sensor
- 2 Year Guarantee
When contacting us to discuss which type of electric water heating system is most suitable for you, please specify the following:
- Property Heat Load in kW
- Number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Proposed Electrical Tariff
- Sealed or Open Vented Heating System
- Available Space
Is the ELECTRAflow thermal store vented or pressurised?
The ELECTRAflow is an open vented cylinder/tank therefore not pressurised. When the water held inside the store heats up, it will expand, however the expansion is accommodated in the feed and expansion tank located at the top of the unit.
Do I need to have the ELECTRAflow serviced annually like a gas boiler or unvented cylinder?
As the ELECTRAflow thermal store is open vented, it does not require an annual safety check or service.
The mains pressure hot water from the ELECTRAflow is delivered via the internal coil and the temperature is controlled by the blending valve, preventing any risk of scalding.
However in the case of an unvented cylinder, it is pressurised, therfore there are essential annual safety checks to be carried out to ensure the safety of these types of products.
Can I use the ELECTRAflow thermal store for central heating?
Yes, the ELECTRAflow can provide heat to the central heating system. This can either be an open vented system, circulating the water from the cylinder round the central heating system or sealed heating system via in internal heat exchanger.
Is the ELECTRAflow thermal store suitable for use with off peak electricity tariffs?
The ELECTRAflow is suitable for use with either standard, Economy 7 or Economy 10 tariffs.
It is supplied with a specifically designed controller allowing for the charge times to be set in conjunction with the available off peak times, or scheduled on standard tariff rates to suit the homeowners requirements.
Are the ELECTRAflow products bespoke designed?
The ELECTRAflow is available with standard tapping configurations, however we appreciate these layouts do not suit all applications.
Therefore all ELECTRAflow products can be bespoke designed to suit the installation requirements, whether it is a slimline model due to space restrictions or simply moving tappings to reduce installation time and costs.
Our focus is very much on the manufacture of copper hot water cylinders and tanks. Copper provides fantastic benefits including;
- Ability to kill 99% of bacteria including Ecoli and legionella
- One of the most efficient conductors of heat
- Significantly more flexible for manufacturing than other materials
- Long lifespan due to its amazing resistance to corrosion
- 100% recyclable