Thermal store mains pressure hot water system
Our MULTIflow thermal store range is specifically designed for the contract market, to provide a high performance, mains pressure hot water solution which delivers enormous benefits.
Our thermal store approach can suit multiple installation applications, including electric, boiler or central plant inputs to meet hot water demand. With our unique design and manufacturing solution, we can offer significant cost savings both during installation and ongoing running costs.
Manufactured from premium grade copper, our MULTIflow mains pressure hot water system delivers unrivalled performance thanks, in part, to copper’s superior thermal transfer properties.
The MULTIflow is a direct thermal store, but with the additional flexibility to incorporate a boiler, to provide mains pressure hot water, with two model variants, MULTIflow OV and MULTIflow SB, ranging from 120 to 210 litres.
This multi-application thermal store range can be used with an open vented, sealed or central plant boiler and/or off-peak electricity to aggregate the supply to heat the store, and provide domestic hot water when it is required, keeping running costs for the householder down to a minimum.
The MULTIflow also provides the perfect Gledhill PulsaCoil replacement option, but by incorporating the internal heat exchanger to generate the hot water, there are no costly pumps, controls or extra electrical supplies required.
Our managing director, Jamie Stewart, talks through the fantastic benefits of our MULTIflow thermal store range.
Would you like a full quote for the supply and installation of the MULTIflow? Click Installation Quote opposite, providing your contact details and detailing the current system you have installed.
Is the MULTIflow not suitable for your installation? Click here to see our alternative thermal stores within the range;
- MULTIflow+ cylinder design
- THERMflow bespoke designed multifuel compatability
- CUBEflow rectangular tanks providing space saving solution
- Delivering mains pressure hot water with built in scald protection
- Flexibility with models incorporating open vented, sealed or central plant boilers
- Easy to install – does not require G3 certification
- Requires no annual maintenance
- Provides the perfect replacement solution for all Gledhill Pulsacoil models
- No costly pumps or electronic controls required
- All our thermal stores are manufactured from copper – kills 99% bacteria
- No risk of legionella as hot water is instantaneously heated
- Manual fill F&E tank supplied as standard (optional automatic fill kit available)
Can the MULTIflow be used as a PulsaCoil replacement?
The MULTIflow OV model can be used as a direct replacement for the discontinued Gledhill PulsaCoil BP, but can also be used to replace other PulsaCoil models including PulsaCoil 2000, PulsaCoil A-Class and PulsaCoil Stainless
Is the MULTIflow thermal store vented or pressurised?
The MULTIflow is an open vented cylinder therefore not pressurised. When the water held inside the store heats up, it will expand, however the expansion is accommodated in the feed and expansion tank located on top of the unit.
Do I need to have the MULTIflow serviced annually like a gas boiler or unvented cylinder?
As the MULTIflow thermal store is open vented, it does not require an annual safety check or service.
The mains pressure hot water from the MULTIflow is delivered via the internal coil and the temperature is controlled by the blending valve, preventing any risk of scalding.
As the unvented cylinder is a pressurised cylinder, there are essential annual safety checks to be carried out to ensure the safety of the product.
How many electrical feeds are required for the MULTIflow?
The MULTIflow requires two electrical connections to the immersion heaters, ideally one off peak and one on peak.
As the MULTIflow is designed to deliver mains pressure hot water without the need for additional pumps, pcb’s or flow sensors. Other manufacturers thermal stores require a third electrical supply to power the additional components they utilise.
Can I use the MULTIflow thermal store for central heating?
No, the MULTIflow thermal store is a hot water only unit.
Our focus is very much on the manufacture of copper hot water cylinders and tanks. Copper provides fantastic benefits including;
- Ability to kill 99% of bacteria including Ecoli and legionella
- One of the most efficient conductors of heat
- Significantly more flexible for manufacturing than other materials
- Long lifespan due to its amazing resistance to corrosion
- 100% recyclable
For further information see our brochure The Ultimate Supermetal or visit our Copper Facts page.