Due to the retirement of our Production Manager after 19 years service, we have an excellent opportunity to join a well-established family company of over 75 years, with a strong management team and lead a dedicated team of cylinder manufacturing experts.
The Production Manager will work closely with all departments including sales, operations and purchasing. The principal focus of the role is the efficient manufacture of hot water cylinders, both domestic and commercial, in line with the business’s strategic objectives. These objectives include but are not limited to the following:
- Health & Safety – As Production Manager you will be accountable for driving a Safety Culture and play a leading role in this across the manufacturing area.
- Quality – ensure output of product complies with relevant quality standards.
- Quality Improvement – continually strive to improve product quality and reduce in process scrap.
- Cost – Manage labour efficiently to optimise resource and control spend.
- Production – Liaise with sales and manufacturing team to ensure production delivery.
- People – Effective management of sickness absence/attendance.
- People – Manage discipline and behaviours, as per Code of Conduct.
- People – Demonstrate leadership skills that inspire and motivate team members.
Key Skills & Attributes
- This role will operate at both a tactical hands-on level as well as an operational/strategic level. The ability to flex between both modes in a dynamic environment is essential.
- Experience in metalworking or manufacturing is desirable, but full product and operations training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Five years minimum experience in a Production Supervisor/Manager role, with a proven record of working in an Operations Excellence environment, including Lean Manufacturing and Quality Improvement methodologies with excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate those around them to innovate and deliver.
- Relevant degrees or equivalent qualifications in Management and/or HR is desirable.
- The ability to identify opportunities through challenging the status quo and the conviction to drive change.
- A good understanding of current Health & Safety regulations.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
If you are a driven individual with a passion for production management and process improvement, we invite you to apply for the position of Production Manager. Join our team and contribute to our success in delivering high-quality products efficiently.
- £40,000 – £50,000 per year
- Company pension (Company will contribute up to 5%)
- 26 days holiday and 8 statutory
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Location Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5QF
- Production Scheduling (required)
- Production Management (required)
- English (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Click here to email your CV
As a third generation family member of the business, I have been developing the growth of the company for over a decade. Having finished a successful period as Sales Director I have now brought my extensive product knowledge into the Operations Manager role, overseeing all aspects of the business including production and team development.